One of the most essential components in life is to have a roof over our heads. If you live in the Minneapolis area, or anywhere in Minnesota, you know that having a roof over your head that’s in good condition is extremely important. Our team at Tollefson Bros. Exteriors Inc. has provided roof repair and replacement services to those in the Minneapolis/St. Paul metro area for more than two-and-a-half decades and have worked hard to establish and maintain a reputation for treating our customers well and providing excellent service at competitive prices.
Experienced Minnesota Roofing Contractor
To live in Minnesota and own a home means that you understand that our weather can be extreme. Our roofs are under constant stress under the best of conditions, and when the weather turns ugly, that stress grows exponentially. If your roof has sustained any amount of damage—due to strong summer storms, heavy winter snows, or simply the ravages of time—you should consider giving us a call to have a look at your roof.
Below are some signs to look for in a roof that may be in need of repair or replacement:
- Age: A roof that’s more than twenty years old should be checked. Most roofing experts estimate that a roof should last about twenty years.
- Shingle condition: As shingles get older, they can dry out, which causes them to curl at the edges or buckle in the middle. These conditions allow wind and water to get underneath, and once that process begins, your roof is vulnerable
- Roof valleys: Your roof has valleys, which help funnel water to your gutters. If they become compromised by missing shingles or impact (large branches falling and causing damage), the integrity of your roof may have also been compromised.
- Chimney flashing: The seal between your chimney and the roof is called the chimney flashing. Over time, this seal can dry out, tear away, or become damaged by extreme weather. Replacing the flashing is fairly easy to do, but you don’t want it to go unattended while water gets in underneath.
- Check your gutters: One sure sign of deteriorating shingles is finding granules from shingles in your gutters. If your shingles are deteriorating, your roof is in need of some sort of attention. It may be that only a few shingles need to be replaced, but it could also indicate a larger problem.
- Light through your roof: This may seem obvious, but if you see light coming through the roof boards in any part of your house, your roof almost certainly needs our attention.
If you see any of these signs, or have other concerns about your roof, give us a call and we will do all we can to help you get your roof back into top condition. Call us at 952.881.2218 and we will be happy to talk with you about how to determine if you have a problem and how we can help.