As we gear up for spring here in Minnesota, the experienced exterior remodeling contractors at Tollefson Bros Exteriors, Inc thought it would be a good idea to give you some ideas for a variety of home improvement projects around the house. If you’re interested in any of these home improvement projects don’t hesitate to give us a call to setup a free estimate.
Spring Home Improvement Projects
- Build a Deck – What better way to enjoy the outdoors this spring than on your own, brand new deck? Decks can serve as great areas for dining and socializing with friends. Decks can also come in all shapes and sizes so that there should be one that fits the budget of almost any Minnesota resident.
- Update Your Home’s Siding – Over the past several decades there have been a variety of improvements in exterior siding. These new materials require much less maintenance than traditional wood siding and are a great way to improve the curb appeal of your home, while also cutting down on painting and other maintenance costs.
- Update Your Gutters – If your gutters are not working correctly, or if you don’t have any at all you could be slowly damaging your home. Without proper working gutters you can expect for water to damage your soffit and fascia as well as your foundation. Contact an exterior remodeling contractor to repair or replace your gutters this spring to make sure they’re ready for all the April showers we can expect!
- Repair Your Roof – Did your roof become damaged by this year’s snowfall? If so, or if you’ve just been putting off replacing your roof, spring is as good a time as ever to repair or replace your roof. You don’t want any more moisture to make its way into your home and lead to costly issues like mold or mildew.
- Replace Your Windows – Do you still have the original wood windows that were installed when your home was built several decades ago? New technology with today’s replacement windows allows you to significantly cut down on your heating and cooling bills. Don’t let money be literally blown out your old windows again this year.
- Inspect Your Attic Insulation – Do you know if your attic is properly insulated? If you’ve never thought about attic insulation you may have been missing out on significant energy savings each month. Similar to replacement windows, updated attic insulation can go a long way towards lowering your heating and cooling bills.
Contact Tollefson Bros Exteriors Today
If any of these spring home improvement projects have piqued your interest, give the exterior renovation contractors at Tollefson Bros Exteriors a call today at 952-881-2218. We’ll be happy to setup a free estimate for one of our experienced remodeling contractors to come to your home to provide you with a free, written estimate.