If you are seeing any of several warning signs that your home’s roof may need to be replaced, act fast to protect your home. Tollefson Bros. Exteriors, Inc. is a leader in roof repair and replacement in the Bloomington, MN area, serving the entire Minneapolis/St. Paul metropolitan area for more than two-and-a-half decades. The experienced professionals with Tollefson Bros. Exteriors have earned a reputation for providing exceptionally good service at affordable prices. This reputation has been well-earned.
Special Roofing Considerations In Minnesota
Living in Minnesota means knowledge of, and direct experience with, extreme weather. Extreme weather can do extreme things to our houses. That is an obvious point when it comes to summer tornadoes, winter white-outs, and other extreme weather situations. And those events can do immediate damage to the roof of your house, and can require immediate attention. The roof experts at Tollefson Brothers are well-equipped to fix whatever problems with your roof that you may experience. After the winter thaws is a great time to have a licensed roofer take a free look at the condition of your shingles and roofing system.
Signs You Need Your Roof Evaluated
If you start noticing any of the following signs, you would do well to contact the Roofing Contractors at Tollefson Bros. for a consultation and a free quote:
- Age: If your roof is approaching the twenty- to twenty-five-year mark it may need to be repaired or replaced. Most builders and roofers estimate that a good roof will last around twenty to twenty-five years. Even if your roof appears to be in good shape, if it is close to twenty-five years old, it is in your best interest to have it looked at.
- Damaged Shingles: If you notice shingles that are buckling or curling at their edges, it may be due to the age of the shingles. Water can get under curled shingles and do damage to the structure of your house.
- Water Flow: If the valleys of your roof, which help funnel water to your gutters, are damaged in any way (e.g., if there are missing shingles or weakness in that section of the roof), it may be an indication of water damage.
- Chimney Flashing Problems: If your chimney flashing (the sealant where your chimney and roof meet) is compromised, it may need to be replaced.
- Shingle Granules: If you find shingle granules in your gutters, it can mean that your shingles are deteriorating.
- Signs of Light: If you see light shining through the roof boards in any part of your house, your roof almost certainly needs to be evaluated.
Tollefson Bros. can provide exceptional service at a price you can afford. Now is a great time to have your roof evaluated. Call our team today at 952.881.2218 to schedule a time for a free estimate.