Fall is the perfect time for roof repairs and roof replacement, before winter hits and winter storms, snow and cold temperatures create additional problems for your roof. If your home endured a major summer storm, if you have noticed potential vulnerable areas, or if your roof is approaching the end of it’s lifespan, you may want to reach out to a licensed roofing contractor in Bloomington, MN that can evaluate your roof and help you determine if any work needs to be done. Tollefson Bros. Exteriors, is a leading Bloomington Roofing Company that is locally owned and operated, with more than 25 years of experience. We are a company that you can trust to get the job done right… the first time.
Here are some of the most important reasons to have your roof checked out this fall:
- Fall has ideal weather conditions for roofing repairs and replacements. Temperatures between 45-50 degrees and cool, clear weather makes fall the best possible time for this type of work. In addition, shingles are much more difficult to install in winter as they can become brittle and more difficult to work with as the air gets colder. Shingle manufacturers typically recommend installation at temperatures of 26 degrees or higher.
- Summer can be one of the harshest seasons on your roof with lots of rain and storms, down limbs and potential water build up. Hiring a professional to check your roof after summer but before the temperatures plunge and snow piles up is a smart idea.
- With winter on the way, it is a good time to be sure that the shingles on your roof are properly sealed and that your roof will help your home keep the warmer air inside and cold air out. A well maintained roof will have a positive impact on your energy bill.
- You might be tempted to hold off until winter for roofing repairs, hoping to maximize savings and grab a winter discount. Beware, roofing contractors often limit their hours and their staff during the winter hours, so you may not get the price break (or the customer service) you expect during the “off-season”.
- Any small holes or damaged areas in your roof will worsen in the winter with the cold temperatures and the potential for heavy snow. Avoid a leaky roof by getting it fixed in the fall.
So, if last winter, spring and summer has left your roof in need of repair, contact Tollefson Bros. Exteriors at 952-881-2218 for help. We still have openings this fall and would love to work with you!