Many Burnsville homeowners often wonder if and when they should replace windows throughout their home. There are many reasons why it may be a good idea to replace your old windows, but the most common reason why people switch them out is to increase their energy costs.
A lot of older homes have single pane windows installed. Although single pane windows are inexpensive, only a single layer of glass fills the frame, which is why these windows are poor insulators. These windows will let heat escape during the winter, and let heat in during the summer–making your energy bills higher.
When Should You Replace Your Windows?
If your existing home is over 10 years old–or you have never changed out your windows, upgrading to new, energy efficient windows could be the best solution for you.
If you are still unsure if you are in need of new windows, below are some telltale signs that your home is ready for new windows:
- If your home feels too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter.
- If you often times have difficulties opening and closing your windows.
- If your curtains seem to be blowing in the wind even though your windows are not open.
- If your energy bills are getting more and more expensive each month.
- Whenever you walk past your window and feel a cool brisk.
- If the glass in your windows get foggy, get covered with ice (condensation) or shake in the wind.
- If you still need to climb a step ladder in order to clean your windows.
Let The Experts At Tollefson Bros Exteriors, Inc. Replace Your Windows
Tollefson Bros Exteriors, Inc. has been providing superior window replacement services around the Twin Cities for over 25 years. Our experts know the ins and outs of window installation and replacement. We will work with you to make sure you are getting the best windows for your home while still staying well within your budget.
With warm, summer days ahead, your replacement windows will pay for themselves. Not only are new windows a great investment, but they also lower your energy bills, adds style and adds value to your home. Let the experts at Tollefson Bros Exteriors, Inc. help! Call our office today at 952-881-2218.