With springtime comes thunderstorms in Bloomington, MN. Already this year, there have been a few late afternoon thunderstorms, and there are sure to be more coming our way soon. Although thunderstorms bring rain, which is good for the environment, they can also be dangerous and damaging as well. The strong storms that we see can also cause hail, which we’ve already seen this year. If you currently are dealing with hail damage affecting your home, Tollefson Bros. Exteriors, Inc. can help get that hail damage repaired!
What is hail? Hail is a form of precipitation consisting of balls of ice ranging in size. These typically occur during thunderstorms when there are lower heights of the freezing level along with strong, upward movements of air. Unfortunately, these hailstones can cause serious damage to your home. The mountains of northern India experience more hail than any other country. In the United States, a hailstorm most commonly occurs where Colorado, Nebraska and Wyoming meet, known as “Hail Alley.”
Common Signs of Hail Damage
- Dents – Especially in products covered by metal, such as metal roofs and gutters, if you notice visible dents, there is more than likely hail damage.
- Cracks – Roof shingles may chip or crack from direct contact with hail. Cracks and bruising of the shingles are common signs that hail has damaged your roof.
- Missing Granules – Within asphalt, if you notice holes or missing asphalt, hail is more than likely the culprit!
Exterior Contractors that can help
Our trained and licensed exterior contractors can repair hail damage in the following ways:
- Full Inspection – Although you may see some damage by just looking at the exterior of your home, there may be further damage done by hail that is not visible. Our damage repair specialists will perform a full inspection around your home to make sure that all damage is identified.
- Document – Any damage that we find will be documented for your records.
- Work with the Insurance Company – Often times, hail damage repair can be covered by your homeowner’s insurance policy. Our team will meet with your insurance company and discuss repairs needed.
- Repair – Once the leg work is complete, our dedicated staff will tackle your repairs with extreme precision.
So, if you live in Bloomington, MN, and are stuck with hail damage from a recent storm, Tollefson Bros. Exteriors, Inc. is here to help! Give us a call today at (952) 881-2218 to set up a free estimate.